Alyssa answers listener questions:
- I’m still working and like the company medical plan; can I opt out of Medicare?
- I inherited $5,000 from my father’s estate. Can I avoid paying tax on it?
- Can I retire and live off of my nest egg while delaying Social Security until age 70?
- How can I retire from the family business without leaving my kids in the lurch?
- I was laid off and have a 401k with my former employer. Can you help me figure out whether I can retire and what I need to do with the 401k?
- Is a three-year annuity that would pay 1.7% the best conservative option for me?
- How do we streamline the process for our children to inherit a house we own in Florida?
- Can my widowed sister switch between her Social Security benefit and her deceased husband’s larger benefit?
- What’s the correct way for my daughter to move her old 401k into her new employer’s Roth 403b?
Also learn about:
- Income-related Medicare premium adjustments—and how to get a refund if you had a “life-changing event”
- Types of long-term care insurance
Other show highlights:
- Hear an insightful interview with Century 21 Pinnacle real estate agent Frank Renaldi, who talks about what’s happening in the housing market and gives tips about investing in real estate.
- Get details about the Folds of Honor radio-thon Sept. 7-11.
- Alyssa talks about “The Boy From Baby House 10,” a book about her client who grew up in a Russian orphanage before his mother adopted him and brought him to Bethlehem Township.
- Guess what music John chooses for Alyssa’s theme song—they switch up the Natalie Merchant tune!
Schedule a free second opinion meeting with a More than Money advisor?
Call today (610-746-7007) or email (Gene@AskMtM.com) to schedule your time with us.