Scott was 16-years-old when his sister, Kelly, passed away from leukemia.
In 1985, 16-year-old Kelly Gallagher was diagnosed with Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia. Medical care for childhood leukemia in the Lehigh Valley was limited at the time. After countless trips to Children’s Hospital in Philadelphia and a bone marrow transplant at the University of Minnesota, Kelly passed away at the age of 19. She was scheduled to attend Villanova University for basketball the week after her passing.
After Kelly’s passing the Gallagher’s ran a golf tournament to raise funds to give back to local families with children suffering from Leukemia. It also provided a memorial scholarship at Allen High School, helped fund the Kelly Gallagher Atrium at Lehigh Valley Hospital’s Morgan Cancer Center, and supported the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
Gene answers tons of listener questions:
- They are in their 80’s and selling their home. Where should they invest the proceeds?
- Their Long Term Care Insurance premiums are going up 40% – what should they do?
- He is 59 and lost his job. Should he change his investments to be more conservative?
- He wants to know how his RMD will affect the investments in his IRA.
- Lots more listener questions
Two New Free Services
- Have your current life insurance policies analyzed to see if they fit you or could you do better
- Have your current annuities analyzed to see if they fit you or could you do better
Added to These Free Services
- Social Security and Medicare Review with our SS/Med expert Mr. Mark Bacak
- Long Term Care Review with our partner Mr. Mike Pompei
- Reverse Mortgage Review with our partner Tiffany Shutta
- Estate Planning Document Review with an attorney in our office
Free Second Opinion Meetings
- Do you have questions about your financial situation?
- Are you on track to reach your financial goals – particularly your retirement goals?
- What should you be doing right now?
Schedule a free second opinion meeting with a More than Money advisor?
Call today (610-746-7007) or email (Gene@AskMtM.com) to schedule your time with us.