Alyssa hosts the show while Gene’s out of town. She talks about sticking to your plan during a market downturn and shares several nuggets of wisdom from Morgan Housel’s book, “The Psychology of Money.” She also talks about whether to pay off debt or invest extra income, discusses paying for college and explains the difference between a trusted contact, power of attorney and trustee.
Plus, Alyssa and John switch up the bumper music.
Alyssa also answers lots of listener questions:
- How do I pay my monthly expenses without a biweekly paycheck in retirement?
- Should I use money from my 401K or a home equity loan to pay for major home improvements?
- What’s the most tax-efficient way to pay for our daughter’s wedding—from my 401K or from our investment account?
- Is there a better way other than a will to ensure my two children receive my inheritance according to my intentions?
- Should I pay my continuing care retirement community with a large initial buy-in and smaller monthly payments, or vice versa?
- Any ideas to help out my wife and I so we don’t get “really socked” with taxes next spring?