Mike Dooley is a very interesting writer and creator of Notes from the Universe. While his style is very 21st century most of his thoughts are grounded in the Creator. Recently I read one of his notes where he suggests I might send this back to the Universe – who I call God my father.
“Hello God, it’s me! Right, the good-looking, talented, sexy one for whom the sun rises every day. Anyway, just wanted to tell you that this adventure in time and space has been awesome. Everything I ever expected it would be. It’s been exactly as hard and as easy, as challenging and rewarding, as I’ve been telling myself.
And even though I know we are ONE, I still like thinking of you ‘out there’ somewhere, watching, loving, and protecting me. At any rate, I’m learning tons, having fun, and really looking forward to coming home one day (I’m adding – just hopefully not too soon).
Thanks for another day in paradise – where my thoughts become things, dreams never stop coming true, and it all just keeps getting better and better. “
When I read this, I thought it was quite a logical follow-up to my notes in our January newsletter. There (in summary) I stated that the world is largely – 98% or so – composed of wonderful, loving, compassionate, accepting people. The other 2% are morons, idiots, media types, and politicians. I suggested we ignore the 2% and appreciate the 98%.
It seems to me – as this note suggests – my life follows about the same proportions. I’ve found 98% of my life to be awesome. To be sure, the other 2% has carried some pain and tears. And, if I’m being honest, most of that has been self-inflicted.
I’m willing to bet a rather substantial sum of money that your life – if you’re being honest – has been and continues to be about 98% awesome. The world (media, academics, politicians) wants you to focus on the 2% so they can ‘save’ you and you will be eternally grateful for their superiority.
I pray you focus on the 98%! The 98% where – at any age – thoughts become things, dreams never stop coming true, and it all keeps getting better and better. And all the while knowing – he is watching, loving, and protecting you.
Focus on the 98% and send your own note off to God.
Please allow us to serve you and those you love.
P.S. No really. Send your own note off to God. If you want to really send it somewhere you can copy me on it – [email protected]. I promise I will read every one with love and respect your privacy.